A step by step video tutorial for this process can be found in the Email section ofÂ the DowntownÂ Host Tutorials area.
You can also find tutorials and additionalÂ information at the Incredimail website,Â here is where you can find their Tutorials and FAQ page: http://www.incredimail.com/english/help/index.htmlÂ Â Â
To configure your new email account settings, just follow these steps:
In the IncrediMail main window, click on the 'Tools' menuÂ and select 'Accounts' .
At this point, the 'Mail Accounts' window will open. Click on 'Add'Â to create a new email account.
At this point, the Account Wizard will open. You will now be presented with two options for creating your new email account. You can select the "Automatically configure settings" option, which imports account settings from another email client, or you can select the "Let me configure settings myself" option, which allows you to enter your email account settings manually.Â Once you select your option, click 'Next'Â .
Â If you select the "Automatically configure settings" option:
1. The Account Wizard will locate any active email accounts you have configured in other email programs on your computer and enable you to import the same settings from that email account.
2. Select the account that you want the settings to be imported from and click on 'Finish'
If you select the "Let me configure settings myself" option:Â Â
1. Enter your name as you would like it to appear on the emails you send) and your email address into the appropriate fieldsÂ and click on 'Next'Â .
2. IncrediMail will attempt to automatically fill out the email server settings for you, as shown in the image below. If you do not want to go online, or are not connected to the Internet, you can click on 'Skip' to manually insert your incoming and outgoing server settings.
3. Note: Your computer must be connected to the Internet for IncrediMail to successfully search for your email server settings. If IncrediMail does not find your email server settings using your email address, you will need to manually insert your incoming and outgoing server settings.
4. Select your incoming mail server type, POP3 or IMAP.Â Â Note: Currently, IncrediMail does not support IMAP folders synchronization. IncrediMail enables IMAP users to leave a copy of the messages on the server, thus incoming messages will download on all your email accounts and computers.
Â After entering your incoming (IMAP or POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) server settings in the appropriate fieldsÂ , click 'Next'.
Note: Your email server settings are provided by your email account provider.
5.Â You will be requested to enter your Username and Password as provided by your Internet Service Provider or Web-based email solution. Once you enter all the information, click on 'Finish'.
Note: AOL users will be requested to enter their Screen name and Password.
6. Close the 'Mail Accounts' window and you are now ready to send and receive your email with your newly configured email account.